Sunday, 26 June 2011

elegy for the ashes

i touch your face,
feeling the uneven path
of creases

running my index finger
on suffering lines leading me
to your eyes

i feel lost in your eyes
abandoned in your weary
ocean

leaving the blazing shores
floating on sulphuric tides
we must feel pain in

ash comes from harbour side
wind still and silent the flakes
paints our faces grey

It’s a place for unresolved tears
I feel unable to propel forward
forsaking a dead embrace

you are sinking
i am drifting about
but all will drown in this weary place

you wasted us both

13 comments:

  1. I love the 2nd and 4th stanzas absolutely stunning. I really enjoyed your take and the last stanza is so heart-breaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful composition, love the imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminding you to join jingle poetry potluck week 41 tonight.
    Any poems are welcome.
    Cheers.
    Always, your poetry is sunshine to us!
    Bless your weekend.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right on the money! Very well expressed and written. Fantastic last line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful words! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very passionate and gets rather heart-breaking in the end... Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "you wasted us both" ouch!

    Beautiful composition and flow. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'you are sinking
    I am drifting about...'
    Really like how have woven the imagery of loss, pain, and the ocean into one. Nicely done my friend. Good to see you sharing your amazing writing out on these sites now too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Im grateful to poets rally if only for discovering you..I had meandered till now

    ReplyDelete