Friday, 9 September 2011

Awkwardly I am



awkwardly I am
living in my flesh
being very clever
between blunt stones and the glaring sun
I affirm something that already exists.

absurdity, self realization?
projecting that reality away from its source: ME

gaping vagina birth and the two smudges
heaven and earth
exhaling and dripping

don’t get clever with me
it’s the wind rattling the roof
rain coming from a hole through the gutter

thinking the Avatar came
hoping  that your porcelain god
Would breathe more life into your LIFE

awkwardly i am
living cured and matured
sepia sagging flesh
sitting on blunt stones
i take in the heat and the sun

Knowing i am alive
Knowing others died
my fate is sealed

i smile

It’s ok    

8 comments:

  1. Martin, this is striking. Really good. Can I make one suggestion - perhaps 'vaginal birth' instead of 'vagina birth.' I really like this one, kudos! (I hope you don't mind a suggestion here.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, vivid write. Very well done!

    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/in-the-blink-of-an-eye/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poetry is always strong..the one reason I read you..without reason ..without rhyme

    ReplyDelete
  4. And your post made me realize that one truth I always forget about: I am alive.

    Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading it :)

    Happy Rally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! The feeling I have on reading.
    And lovely imagery, with lots of contradictions and depth! :)

    I truly love your writing style! Very honest and baring all in a way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is true that those who search for meanings and find some, find themselves strangely 'awkward'. What a word to describe the state of being...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. please comment to let us know after you are done returning favors and making a minimum 18 comments,

    Happy Rally.
    Thanks a ton for the beautiful entry and instant participation.

    ReplyDelete